I have apparently developed ADD overnight, as my ability to focus on anything for any prolonged period of time has evaporated. I must have started three different blog posts and then lost interest in them as I jumped to other things. I’m hoping is just a temporary condition because I really don’t enjoy feeling this scattered. My brain feels like it is on speed today. It’s exhausting and I am getting nothing accomplished.
So if today’s post feels a little disjointed, it’s because it is. I’m mashing up all the disparate ideas that I had today into one post in an attempt to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. At some point this morning, all of these things crossed my mind but none of them really took hold. They’re all pop culture related, but don’t have much else in common.
- The Met Gala was last night. This is the annual ball that The Metropolitan Museum holds to commemorate the opening of their new exhibit at the Costume Institute. Anna Wintour, the editor of Vogue and the inspiration for The Devil Wears Prada, presides over the ball which is themed to sync with the exhibit being unveiled. This year’s theme was punk and it is pretty clear that looking at the pictures of the event that celebrities don’t really know what punk means. And I won’t even get into Kim Kardashian’s dress. Yowza. Kanye’s face says it all.
- The mother of Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, passed away in late April. While this is of course a sad event for the family, her obituary shows just how influence Groening drew from his personal life when he was creating the residents of Springfield. Lots of familiar names in there, but it makes me wonder what brother Mark did to be excluded.
- Happy birthday to Sir Mix-a-Lot’s classic song, “Baby Got Back,” which was released 21 years ago today. It hardly seems possible.
- I would probably try this poutine soda if it were available in the U.S. I’m sure it is disgusting, but as a person who loves poutine I feel I’d be obligated to give it a shot. This logic is also what caused me to search for Lay’s chicken and waffle chips, were indeed gross.
- What’s the name going to be for the new agency on Mad Men? SCDPCGS doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue. I’ve been thinking of alternatives since Sunday and I’ve got nothing.
- You can get a free Redbox rental (May 7th only) with the code 7743RRRB. Despite the fact that I’ve seen pretty much everything, I found something to rent to take advantage of the deal.
- Only 13 people have voted to determine my summer television project. C’mon people!
- I’m not a Star Trek fan, though I am going to see the new movie, but I can appreciate this commercial that brings old and new Spock together:
Hope your Tuesday is a lot less random than mine has shaped up to be.