Today feels like it should be Friday since I’ve already logged a lot of hours in the office this week. Monday I put in a whopping 15 hours, leaving around 11 pm to return a mere eight hours later. It’s been both physically and mentally exhausting and this week feels like it is dragging on.
Luckily I got a jump start on the roundup over the weekend, so despite the long hours I still can deliver a heaping dose of pop culture goodness on time. So while I hope to see life outside the office more this week, get yourself caught up on all the pop culture that you might have missed.
- Redacted’s fate on Game of Thrones may have been confirmed (spoilers, obvs).
- This Game of Thrones casting may debunk a popular fan theory (more spoilers, obvs).
- The Game of Thrones actors are reportedly not receiving scripts for season 8.
- Wyatt Cenac to star in a late-night weekly docuseries for HBO.
- The second season of Netflix’s Mindhunter will investigate the Atlanta child murders.
- NBC is now trying to make a TV adaptation of Nancy Drew
- Amazon will no longer produce the drama series starring Robert De Niro and Julianne Moore.
- Larry David to host SNL next month.
- Here’s the story behind Curb Your Enthusiasm’s theme song.
- ABC is developing the comedy the Real Fairy Godmother starring Kristin Chenoweth.
- Being Mary Jane to end in 2018 with a two-hour movie special on BET.
- Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Will Reiser are developing a comedy series at ABC.
- Liv Tyler joins the second season of Hulu’s Harlots.
- Shakira Barrera will join the second season of G.L.O.W.
- ABC is working on a serial killer comedy produced by Jack Black.
- CBS is developing an Asian-American basketball comedy from some fold from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
- Comedy Central’s The President Show moves to primetime.
- The cast of SpongeBob SquarePants picks its top five favorite episodes.
- Roswell is being rebooted with an immigration twist.
- A Christmas Story Live has cast its Ralphie.
- Name That Tune may be getting a reboot at CBS.
- Supermarket Sweep is returning.
- Another week, another Friends fan theory.
- Here’s what is coming and going from Hulu in November.
- Butch Hartman, the creator of Fairly OddParents, is developing three new series.
- Andy Cohen will replace Kathy Griffin on CNN’s New Year’s Eve celebration with Anderson Cooper.
- The “untitled Han Solo movie” now has a title.
- A Settlers of Catan movie is in development at Sony.
- Paul Thomas Anderson’s new movie has a title – Phantom Thread.
- Angelina Jolie will lend her voice to The One and Only Ivan.
- Tyler Perry to play Colin Powell in Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney biopic.
- Gal Godot is in talks to star in the post-WWII revenge thriller Ruin.
- Josh Boone to adapt Stephen King’s The Talisman.
- Riz Ahmed in talks with Netflix to star in their adaptation of Hamlet.
- Cher has joined the cast of the Mamma Mia! sequel.
- Jay Roach and Tina Fey to team up for a drama about Kent State.
- Michael Mando to join Jesse Eisenberg in The Hummingbird Project.
- Billy Crystal and Ben Schwartz to star in the comedy We Are Unsatisfied.
- The Addams Family are getting an animated movie from the director of Sausage Party.
- Giovanni Ribisi will return for all four Avatar sequels.
- Netflix won the bidding war for the rights to Power, a spec script that was getting a lot of attention.
- Beetlejuice 2 may still happen – a new writer has been hired.
- Vanessa Hudgens and Annaleigh Ashford join the J-Lo rom-com Second Act.
- Guillermo del Toro is making a documentary about fellow filmmaker Michael Mann.
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross covered the Halloween theme.
- The Harry Potter soundtracks are getting a vinyl box set.
- Stranger Things 2:
- Black Panther:
- She’s Got To Have It:
- All I See Is You:
- The Alienist:
- Michael Jackson’s Halloween:
- The Work:
- Bad Lucky Goat:
- Eminem is not a fan of Donald Trump’s presidency.
- Sia is releasing a Christmas album.
- Pink picks the five best songs she’s ever written.
- Weird Al Yankovic announced 2018 tour dates.
- Will Smith has a new song.
- Tom Hanks’ book about typewriters has been released.
- George Saunders wins the 2017 Man Booker Prize for Lincoln in the Bardo.
- The Tony Awards will air June 10, 2018.
- The musical War Paint will close earlier than expected on Broadway.
Odds and Ends
- Ed Sheeran was injured in a bicycle accident.
- Tyler, the Creator has another Converse collaboration.
- Charles Schultz’s home – and a lot of Peanuts memorabilia – was destroyed in the California wildfires.
- Rihanna is getting a street named after her.
- David Letterman sent Conan O’Brien a horse.
- Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander have allegedly wed.
- Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir were married.
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are engaged.
- Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs hare reportedly called off their engagement.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Richard Wilbur has passed away. He was 96.
- Comedian Sean Hughes has died. He was 51.
- Project Runway contestant Mychael Knight has reportedly died. He was 39.
- Actor John Dunsworth has passed away. He was 71.
- Game of Thrones actor and audiobook narrator Roy Dotrice has passed away at 94.
Mashups and Supercuts
- Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and The Lonely Island play “I’m On a Boat” with classroom instruments:
- The team behind Angry Birds are apparently fans of Iron Maiden:
- Puddles Pity Party covers “The Sound of Silence”: