I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been a terrible baseball fan this year. I only went to Yankee Stadium once all season (though it was a double-header) and I haven’t watch many games. Usually I’m glued to the TV or listening to the games on the radio, but when you start going to bed at 8 pm on a regular basis because your life has become very overwhelming, you tend to miss a lot. Thankfully, things have improved slightly which has coincided with the Major League Baseball playoffs, so I am once again back to screaming at the TV and hoping that the Yankees continue to outperform expectations. This is the first sign that I’m starting to feel like myself again. Hopefully the Yankees don’t get eliminated tonight so this feeling continues.
So while I hope that the Cleveland Indians are doing something to anger Jobu, get yourself caught up on all the pop culture that you might have missed with this week’s roundup.
- It sounds like we definitely aren’t going to see the final season of Game of Thrones until 2019. One reason – production will shut down for Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie’s wedding.
- Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead will crossover.
- Idris Elba will star in a semi-autobiography comedy series.
- Sally Field joins Emma Stone and Jonah Hill in the Netflix series Maniac.
- A Bob’s Burgers movie will hit theaters in 2020.
- Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a second season.
- Mr. Robot returns tonight – here’s where we left things at the end of season 2.
- A V for Vendetta TV show is in development.
- An adaptation of the book Sweetbitter is coming to Starz.
- The 4th season of Survivor’s Remorse will be its last.
- The Tonight Show is still losing ground in the late-night wars.
- The Grey’s Anatomy firefighter spinoff has cast two Broadway stars – Okieriete Onaodowan and Barrett Doss
- Fox has given a production commitment to a new comedy from New Girl creator Liz Meriwether. Lake Bell will star and direct.
- Disney Channel renews That’s So Raven for a second season.
- Netflix has released a Stranger Things mobile game.
- Apple picks up the Steven Spielberg and Bryan Fuller’s Amazing Stories reboot.
- Apple has cancelled its Elvis biopic series.
- Jerry Seinfeld admits that he sometimes regrets the Seinfeld finale.
- Showtime will premiere the BBC comedy Ill Behavior.
- The McDonald’s Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce rollout did not go well.
- ABC has given a script commitment to comedian Trae Crowder, knows as the Liberal Redneck.
- Netflix gives a series order to the sci-fi drama Raising Dion. Michael B. Jordan to executive produce and co-star.
- Jessica Williams joins the cast of the Fantastic Beasts sequel.
- Nicole Kidman will star in the thriller Destroyer.
- The Fast and Furious cast are feuding again.
- Linda Cardellini to star in the James Wan horror-thriller The Children.
- Assuming Gambit is ever made, Gore Verbinski may direct.
- Sylvester Stallone will direct Creed 2.
- O’Shea Jackson, Jr. is in talks to join Seth Rogen’s Flarsky.
- Will Arnett and Kristen Bell have joined the Teen Titans Go! movie.
- Leah Remini has joined the cast of J Lo’s rom-com Second Act.
- Bill and Ted 3 will be titled Bill and Ted Face the Music.
- Corey Feldman and Corey Haim are getting a Lifetime biopic.
- The Psych movie will debut on USA in December.
- Disney is no longer doing the animated film Gigantic.
- Darren Aronofsky will be the keynote speaker at SXSW.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
- Molly’s Game:
- Castle Rock:
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel:
- Jack Ryan:
- Justice League:
- Pacific Rim Uprising:
- Beyond Skyline:
- Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams:
- Future Man:
- Marvel’s Runaways:
- Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G.
- The Man in the High Castle:
- Roman J. Israel, Esq.:
- Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie:
- X-Files, season 11:
- Here are your 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees.
- The Game of Thrones concert tour will return in 2018.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda has released a new relief song for Puerto Rico.
- Run the Jewels will open for Lorde on her tour.
- Eminem’s producer says that they’ve finished a new album.
- The Jesus Lizard are going out on tour – their first live dates since 2009.
- Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings final studio album will be released.
- St. Vincent released a new single.
- The Wu-Tang Clan ranks the best 5 solo LPs of Wu-Tang members.
- Belle and Sebastian will release three new EPs.
- Vulture attempts to rank all 139 of the Clash’s songs, from worst to best.
- Bryan Fuller wants to resurrect Pushing Daisies as a Broadway musical.
- Lauren Ambrose and Diana Riggs are headed in Broadway in My Fair Lady.
- Netflix will stream Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller Rogen’s next Hilarity for Charity event.
- Kathleen Madigan is going out on tour.
- Patton Oswalt’s Netflix special has a new trailer.
- Here are the books nominated for the 2017 National Book Awards.
Odds and Ends
- Netflix will be raising its prices.
- A biologist in New Zealand named a wasp after a Harry Potter villain.
- James Woods is retiring from acting.
- Harvey Weinstein fired from his company after his history of sexual harassment and assault came to light.
- Glee’s Mark Salling plead guilty to child pornography charges.
- Nelly has been arrested for alleged sexual assault.
- Frankie Muniz has no memory of staring in Malcolm in the Middle.
- Shakira and Gerard Pique may have split up.
- Comedian Ralphie May has passed away. He was 45.
Mashups and Supercuts
- Miley Cyrus and Jimmy Fallon had a lip sync battle:
- Julia Roberts acts out her film career on The Late Late Show:
- Game of Thrones as anime: