I don’t know what’s going on exactly, but I haven’t been sleeping well. This has been going on for well over a month and is problematic, not just because I am a person that really loves to sleep, but because I am tired all.the.time. There isn’t enough coffee in the world to get me through some mornings. I have no idea what triggered this, so I’m not quite sure how to fix it. Back in the old days, I could easily get by on little to no sleep. That’s no longer the case and I’m slowly turning into a zombie. Give me another few weeks and I could be an extra on The Walking Dead.
But the show must go on….so while I yawn and struggle to stay focused, get yourself caught up with this week’s pop culture roundup.
- HBO has renewed Westworld, Insecure, and Divorce.
- Marvel has announced an Inhumans TV series is coming to ABC in 2017.
- Was there a secret code in the latest episode of The Walking Dead?
- Two more actors from The Good Wife have been confirmed to appear in the spinoff series The Good Fight.
- HBO is still hoping for a Game of Thrones prequel if George R.R. Martin has any ideas.
- Christopher Lloyd will guest star on The Big Bang Theory.
- Tom Hardy’s FX limited series Taboo will debut January 10, 2017.
- USA has picked up a true crime pilot about the murders of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac, which there is a 100% chance I will be watching.
- ABC is developing a The Goldbergs spin-off.
- Trey Parker’s three year old daughter is the current voice of Ike on South Park.
- A Ghost Rider TV series may be heading to Netflix. Hire Nic Cage – he needs the cash.
- Brett Gelman has severed ties with Adult Swim due to their treatment of women.
- Amazon has renewed Tig Notaro’s One Mississippi for a second season.
- Sorry hardcore Gilmore Girls fans – REDACTED will not appear in the revival.
- Alison Wright has joined the cast of Ryan Murphy’s new anthology series Feud.
- Not Safe with Nikki Glaser has been canceled.
- The CW has bought a show about magic gangsters from the team behind iZombie.
- FX’s Y: The Last Man television adaptation has a showrunner.
- The CW has upped its episode order for the second season of Legends of Tomorrow.
- TV Land has passed on The First Wives Club pilot.
- Chris Meloni slated to star in the SyFy pilot Happy!.
- MTV’s new series Sweet/Vicious debuted last night and stars Bryan Cranston’s daughter.
- Sons of Anarchy fans will find a familiar face on the spinoff series Mayans MC.
- Vulture gives Paul Reiser a job interview.
- It seems like they are pumping the breaks on the TV show based on Nicki Minaj’s childhood.
- Donnie Wahlberg, Nick Lachey, and the creator of Entourage are making a sitcom about boy bands.
- Kristen Wiig will host SNL on November 19th.
- Elizabeth Banks is developing a family comedy at CBS.
- History has picked up the docu-series Frontiersman from Leonardo DiCaprio.
- NBC has a Blue Crush TV adaptation in the works.
- NBC is also developing a legal drama around Morena Baccarin.
- Syfy has announce premiere dates for new seasons of The Magicians and The Expanse.
- The Steve Harvey Show will end after five years.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge is developing a spy series for BBC America.
- The Green Hornet is getting a gritty reboot from the director of The Accountant.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is working on a secret film for Disney.
- Hayao Miyazaki may come out of retirement to make one more film.
- Stranger Things’ Millie Bobby Brown wants to play a young Princess Leia.
- Penelope Cruise has boarded the Murder on the Orient Express remake.
- Jim Parsons will play a BuzzFeed editor in Brother Orange.
- Deadpool 2 has suffered some setbacks, but Deadpool 3 is already in the works.
- Brie Larson will direct Samuel L. Jackson, Joan Cusack, and Bradley Whitford in Unicorn Store.
- Chris O’Dowd will join Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba in Aaron Sorkin’s Molly’s Game.
- Rumor has it….Matt Damon may have a came in Ocean’s 8.
- Scarlett Johansson is attached to star in the psychological thriller Tangerine.
- Lauren Lapkus will be the female lead opposite Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly in Holmes & Watson.
- Chastain will play the lead in the adaptation of Painkiller Jane.
- Michael Stipe was almost the murderer in Se7en?!?!
- Robert Redford plans to retire from acting.
- The Croods 2 will not be happening.
- Steve Carell is in talks to star in the Minecraft movie.
- Ray Liotta is in talks to join the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga A Star Is Born remake, which I suspect means someone is going to get whacked. The movie is set to hit theaters September 28, 2018.
- Gillian Jacobs will got to Magic Camp with Adam DeVine and Jeffrey Tambor.
- The Troll Hunter remake is DOA.
- HBO is working on an Elvis Presley documentary.
- Jackie Chan is now an Academy Award winner.
- Here are the 27 Oscar-qualifying animated films.
- Beauty and the Beast:
- Live By Night:
- Ghost in the Shell:
- Patriots Day:
- A new international trailer for Rogue One:
- Beware the Slenderman:
- 100 Streets:
- Why Him?:
- Michael Che Matters:
- The Secret Sculpture:
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets:
- The Hamilton Mixtape hasn’t fully dropped yet, but it’s confirmed that there will be a second volume.
- John Mayer will release new music tomorrow.
- Shania Twain will headline the Stagecoach festival.
- Future and Gucci Mane dropped a new mixtape.
- Nicki Minaj dropped a new “Black Beatles” freestyle, “Black Barbie.”
- Aerosmith has announced a European farewell tour for 2017.
- Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland can apparently can sing.
- Willow Smith released a new song.
- NKOTB, Paula Abdul, and Boyz II Men are going out on a nostalgia fueled tour.
- A producer on Saved By The Bell spills secrets about the show in his new memoir.
- J.J. Abrams will co-produce the Broadway comedy The Play That Goes Wrong.
- Vulture looks at the best cut songs from beloved Broadway musicals.
Odds and Ends
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been named People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” for 2016.
- Disney owns an interesting domain name.
- The Quidditch Premire League is now a thing. Harry Potter fans scare me a little.
- Brad Pitt has been cleared of child abuse allegations.
- Pink and Carey Hart are expecting their second child.
- Russell Brand and fiancé Laura Gallcher welcomed a new baby, who they plan to raise gender neutral.
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna welcomed baby girl Dream Renee Kardashian.
- Nas is planning on giving Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles some competition.
- Making A Murderer’s Brendan Dassey was granted supervised release.
- Deadliest Catch’s Jake Harris is recovering after being severely beaten over the weekend.
- Classic rock songwriter Leon Russell has passed away.
- PBS’ Gwen Ifill has passed away.
- Man From U.N.C.L.E.’s Robert Vaughn has died. He was 83.
- R.I.P. Leonard Cohen.
Supercuts and Mashups
- A 1940’s style cover of “Santeria”:
- Bears dance to “Jungle Boogie”:
- Is Westworld really just a Jurassic Park derivative?
- The Friends opening credits recreated with Funko toys:
- A Cinematic mashup of interstellar travel:
- Superhero bystanders:
- Hamster Seinfeld:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/cSNeQ9-CCmM?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe